Can'the log into tom's for some reason!?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
Starting this morning I have been unable to get to the login screen from any computer in my house and a few others as well. I am on a tablet at my mom's house right now that worked after a few tries

When I click the log in link from the main page ( or from any other page, Tom's guide included) i get an error that says something like, "token failed unable to verify jtw signature" and I never get to the login screen. this is regardless of the pc, os, browser or add-ons. I was on no problem last night and did not change anything today on any of the pcs. Did tom's change something overnight that could be causing problems?

I even installed chrome with nothing else to see if it was a problem with my browser configuration all of a sudden but that still failed. Not sure why but this tablet on chrome and desktop site worked and I was able to login and post this. I disabled all add-ons to be sure it was not on of them.

Any help the site could offer would be awesome as I have no idea what the deal is. Again I did not change anything on my pc and only shut it down for the night. but now getting this weird error starting this morning. It is not a failed login but an error getting to the login page.

Thanks

I apologize for any issues you are running into. I know they are working on a new login system and still working hard to get the bugs out.

I suggest clearing your cache and making sure your internet options have not been changed. I have not had any issues so far with Edge, IE or FF so it may be something new or might just be something on your specific settings.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Sorry about this. We were having some pretty serious issues with our login system earlier today, and the difficulties you were having probably were not caused by anything on your end. People were having trouble registering, logging in, logging out--basically whatever had to go through the login system, well, it resulted in an error. Like jimmy mentioned, we are still trying to even out the bugs in the system.

I'm told that this current issue should have been resolved as of a few hours ago. If you continue to run into it, please be sure to let me know, or any other moderator on the forum--they'll be able to get a hold of me to escalate the bug report.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
thank you both for the answer :)

it seems to have fixed itself (or at least tom's end has been fixed) and i am now able to log in from home again :D

i pretty much figured it was not on my end since so many different machines failed to work yet i did get a big worries since folks were clearly still logged in and posting on the forum.

anyway. thanks again for the info and it does appear to have worked itself out now.