Can someone take the time to build me a $200 budget computer?

kielly32

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014
If after getting lists from people before but my problem is by the time everything is done and over with my shipping costs end up doubling making it a $350 build. I live in newfoundland canada and I'm just looking for a base $200 computer with possible upgrades in the future. Something I can soft game on for now. As long as I could run games like ETS2 on low settings with no fps issues I would be happy.
Is their any part sites for canada I can buy it all off of instead of using PCPartPicker to avoid them ridiculous shipping costs.
Also, I am trying the 30 day trial of Amazon Prime and I had three computer parts I was just going to buy because they were prime items so I figured awesome free shipping but for some odd reason I guess I wasnt qualified for it because they were still trying to charge me for taxes and shipping (which I nearly had a heart attack over the price)

So If someone could in some way help me out it would be GREATLY appreciation.

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
Sorry but $200 CAD is flat out unrealistic for a PC build. This all from amazon.ca and i chose the cheapest of every part. This PC would be terrible. Waste of money. Your best bet is to find a used desktop or get a laptop.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD A4-7300 3.8GHz Dual-Core Processor ($55.00 @ Amazon Canada)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-DS2H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($67.18 @ Amazon Canada)
Memory: Crucial 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($28.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Storage: Seagate Pipeline HD 320GB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive ($40.95 @ Amazon Canada)
Case: Enermax ECA3212-BL ATX Mid Tower Case ($50.57 @ Amazon Canada)
Power Supply: Antec Basiq 350W ATX Power Supply ($37.14 @ Amazon Canada)
Total: $279.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-16 21:29 EDT-0400

kielly32

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014

I can deal with even that price. Its just the shipping thats the killer. The way I look at it is I'm wasting money to pretty much buy it a plane ticket and a "bus ride" lol anyways what should I choose Intel wise? Im not a big fan of AMD processors

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
The AMD has better graphics, but the Intel has a lot more cpu power.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Celeron G1840 2.8GHz Dual-Core Processor ($59.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Motherboard: MSI H81M-E33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($65.88 @ Amazon Canada)
Memory: Crucial 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($28.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Storage: Seagate Pipeline HD 320GB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive ($40.95 @ Amazon Canada)
Case: Enermax ECA3212-BL ATX Mid Tower Case ($50.57 @ Amazon Canada)
Power Supply: Antec Basiq 350W ATX Power Supply ($37.14 @ Amazon Canada)
Total: $283.52
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-16 21:34 EDT-0400

giantbucket

Dignified
BANNED
yeah, i wouldn't bother. first, you will have to use Linux or try to reuse an old OS that you have. and if you have an old OS, then you probably have an old computer, in which case let us know what it is and maybe there's minor upgrades that can be done.

the ONLY other option i can think of is to buy a refurb machine with Win7 (Pro or HP-HomePremium) from canadacomputers.com for example, and just living with that.

or start scrounging eBay.ca for cheap stuff. or kijiji if your town is on the list.

kielly32

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014

I have a old laptop but I have Windows 7 and 8 disks (Id rather Mac considering Microsoft loves to spy) Ill just have to suck it up and spend a few hours trying to sort out shipping costs.

giantbucket

Dignified
BANNED
i recently dismantled my old office server, and i am still undecided on what to do with the mobo/cpu/ram. part of me wants to just scrap it at the local electronics recycler, part of me wants to find some use for it even though i already have 5 computers.

can you find anything worthwhile on kijiji in your town?

kielly32

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014

Where I'm from the local classifieds are people trying to rip everyone off. Everyone wants a arm and a leg for outdated things. I check everyday though lol.

kielly32

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-computer-components/st-johns/3-0ghz-p4-processor-new-unopened-box/579714906?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Do you think this is a bit sketchy? Shouldnt this be worth way more than $15 lol

giantbucket

Dignified
BANNED
wow, that's OLD. it's even older than the Q6600 in my now-ex-server. it may only be worth $15 since you might spend far too much time trying to find a mobo to match it! heck, at most i'd buy it as a curiosity / collector item / nostalgia.

kielly32

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014

Hahah oh that would explain it then.

TRENDING THREADS