What version of Windows should I use?

That_Person

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015
I am building a new Pc mostly for gaming and school work so I am trying to figure out what version of Windows I should go with Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10. I was originally going to go with Windows ten but I heard somebody say that it isn't very good with a clean instal.

Solution
I'd personally recommend starting on Windows 8 right now. It has several performance improvements over Windows 7, and just about every hardware manufacturer has drivers compatible for Windows 8. You'll be able to upgrade to Windows 10 from here up until July 2016, so after a few months if you decide to try Windows 10 you still can.

Windows 10 works just fine with a clean install. Where people are having problems right now is upgrading from a 7/8 installation to Windows 10. I'd still personally wait a few more months before installing Windows 10, as there are still quite a lot of hardware manufacturers that haven't updated their system drivers for Windows 10 yet.

I'd personally recommend starting on Windows 8 right now. It has several performance improvements over Windows 7, and just about every hardware manufacturer has drivers compatible for Windows 8. You'll be able to upgrade to Windows 10 from here up until July 2016, so after a few months if you decide to try Windows 10 you still can.

Windows 10 works just fine with a clean install. Where people are having problems right now is upgrading from a 7/8 installation to Windows 10. I'd still personally wait a few more months before installing Windows 10, as there are still quite a lot of hardware manufacturers that haven't updated their system drivers for Windows 10 yet.

Solution