Triple Monitor Gaming- PC Shuts DOWN after 5-10 Mins Radeon R9 390- GPU PROB OR PSU OR CPU?

zaneusb

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
Hi,
I just bought a gaming PC off a friend that is pretty new. It has an

R9 390 MSI card and a
Corsair CX750M PSU
16 GB Corsair Vengeacnce 1600 RAM
AMD A10 5800 APU
ASROCK FM2A75 Pro4 Mobo
and 3 1080p monitors.

I know the CPU and mobo are garbage, and I hope to buy an intel 4690k and compatible mobo, but I am wondering why the PC is shutting off so suddenly when Eyefinity gaming?

I was monitoring the temps, and the CPU temp reached 29C max, the GPU temp reached 85, The mobo 45C and I was monitoring the Voltages as well.

Using Hardware monitor-
CPU Vcore max 1.304V
AVCC max 3.360 V
3VCC max 3.360V
3VSB 3.456 V max

I tried it in single monitor gaming and it seemed to be running fine. The power to the computer just cuts out, and I have to reset the switch on the PSU to turn it back on. The only game I have installed right now and what Im playing is Far Cry 4. I tried it on all settings with the same result. What issue could this be due to?

zaneusb

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
Hmm Ill try to replace it, but Idk its pretty new. I check the event log and it said 41- Kernel Power something. Do you think my power outlet or surgeprotector could be messed up?

ThunderLlama

Reputable
May 6, 2015
Your mobo is fine I have an AsRock also, but your cpu could use an upgrade but I guess that also mean upgrading the mobo too otherwise. Either way, you mobo or cpu aren't the problem it's without a doubt bad caps on your PSU. The CX series has been known to have issues and just go out on you at times, equaling a just dead PSU. Most likely one day when you go to turn your computer on it will fizz out and not turn on because of the horrible PSU. I've exprienced it myself so once I have the money to do so I am moving away from Corsair PSU's and getting a better tier PSU. Tom's Hardware actually has a list of tier ranked PSU's and I will be buying a PSU within the 1-3 tier range, nothing below just for saftey. It isnt your GPU because the 390 is a great series of cards and I like it being that its justa 290 rebranded to be a bit stronger, but I digress. Its your PSU buddy.

zaneusb

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
Figured it out, thanks for the answers guys. It was my CPU, too little power for the applications I was running. It was overheating, and the mobo didnt have temp warnings turned on, so it shut off. I have since then upgraded to a 4770k and a gigabyte mobo, same psu gpu etc, no probs anymore. eyefinity is running great.