"Windows 10 Blinking screen & hard drive light blinking during boot" Boot taking 10 minutes

mr91

Distinguished
After upgrading to Windows 10 on an acer gaming notebook, the screen is blinking when booting and it takes 10 minutes to load windows.

Everything is okay when the system has started...

Has anybody encountered such an issue?

This happened to a friends laptop, just got it now.

Malorn44

Reputable
May 24, 2015
There might be some issue with either your hard drive or your graphics. I am guessing it is most likely your hard drive if it is taking 10 minutes to load into windows. I suggest maybe taking it to a local computer repair/inspection store and see what their diagnostics is. How old is this computer of yours?

mr91

Distinguished
The computer is about a year old and I'm sending my friend to the store to get another hard drive as the first step.
I tried some troubleshooting steps however i want to make sure it's not the hard drive before i continue.

I was hoping it was a common issue however it seems like it's uncommon...

Malorn44

Reputable
May 24, 2015
It is often very hard to find what the cause for an issue is with a computer. It can be one thing in particular (out of many different options) or a large number of things combined. I recommend making a list at what you think would be the most probable problems that It could be. That always seems to help me whenever I have an issue with my computer. For you it is almost definitely the hard drive. Though it could be your graphics, that is also a cause of long loading times. I wish you luck. If you have any other questions I will try to answer them to the best of my ability as soon as I am able to. Thanks.

mr91

Distinguished

Acer V3 772G9643

http://www.ncix.com/detail/acer-v3-772g-9643-intel-i7-4702qm-8gb-6c-83177-1051.htm

I will check the website for a new bios and driver updates.

The guy was using windows 10 with the laptop for 2 months, maybe an update screwed it up.

I already tried updating the graphics drivers earlier however it didn't help...

Malorn44

Reputable
May 24, 2015
You usually don't have to remove the previous drivers when updating. For me, I never had to do this (always checked afterwards to make sure two weren't installed and there was only ever one)

TRENDING THREADS