Intel i5-4670 overheat during games

Elemental91

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
So, lately, my computer has been shutting itself off out of seemingly nowhere while playing games such as Rust, Half Life 2, Counter Strike: Global Offensive and similar graphic-wise games.

Now, after getting sick of it and thinking it was due to overheating, i took my computer outside to clear the dust from all the fans and the interior of the casing. There was quite some dust, but it should be mostly cleared now.

Unfortunately, I'm still having the same issue, although my computer turns itself off quite a bit later than it would before.

Now, what I mean with "turning itself off" is, it acts like it's still on ( Power LED still on, keyboard still lighting up) but the screen simply turns itself off, as if I had pulled the DVI cable out of my computer.

I downloaded Core Temp to check out the temperature of my CPU's while this happens, and I noticed after a crash in the logs the following for a good 3 hours before shutting down:
Core 0 Temp : 100 (load 83)
Core 1 Temp : 97 (load 68)
Core 2 Temp : 96 (load 80)
Core 3 Temp : 93 (load 74)
(This is in Celcius)

And this is while not running any games or anything heavy:
Core 0 Temp : 40 (load 2%)
Core 1 Temp : 38 (load 0%)
Core 2 Temp : 38 (load 2%)
Core 3 Temp : 37 (load 4%)

I'm using the default cooler (I think)
My room isn't really all too warm or anything, airflow in the computer case should be decent.
I am not overclocking.

I have never had this problem before this weekend, when it suddenly started happening.

Processor: Intel Core i5 4670 (Haswell)
Platform: LGA 1150 (Socket H3)
Revision: C0
Lithography: 22nm

(Taken from Core Temp)