Can I use integrated graphics and a graphics card at the same time with two different monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawz_cod

Reputable
Jul 5, 2014
What I mean, is that I would like to have one monitor that will just be for the internet, running on my Intel HD Graphics 530. The other monitor would display my game using my graphics card. Is that possible, by just connecting one to motherboard and the other to graphics card?

Thanks!

Solution
Check your motherboard manual. Most of the time a dedicated GPU disables the integrated graphics provided from the CPU.

Of course if your graphics card has two outputs and supports two monitors, which almost all do, then you could connect both to the GPU. In games you would simply use one monitor rather than spanning across multiple monitors (EyeFinity or similar concept).

Edit: If by "old connection" you mean VGA then you'll need a DVI-I to VGA converter. Most cards offer at least one DVI-I port (NB: DVI-D will NOT convert to VGA).

Jawz_cod

Reputable
Jul 5, 2014

Okay, thanks. Anyways the reason I can't plug them both into my graphics card is because it uses an old connection that my graphics card doesn't have on it.

joex444

Distinguished
Check your motherboard manual. Most of the time a dedicated GPU disables the integrated graphics provided from the CPU.

Of course if your graphics card has two outputs and supports two monitors, which almost all do, then you could connect both to the GPU. In games you would simply use one monitor rather than spanning across multiple monitors (EyeFinity or similar concept).

Edit: If by "old connection" you mean VGA then you'll need a DVI-I to VGA converter. Most cards offer at least one DVI-I port (NB: DVI-D will NOT convert to VGA).

Reactions: Dirtmechanic
Solution

You can get an adapter. I assuming you talking about VGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS