screen saver problem

Ronshi

Reputable
Aug 17, 2015
When I turn on my computer in the morning the screen saver (after my setting of 2 minutes) does not come on.
HOWEVER when I restart the computer the screen saver works properly. This happened without my adding or changing anything.
I am running a Dell machine with 12GB of ram running Windows 10. I have my settings to update automatically.
I have tried to locate through auto update as to what has been installed but I cannot seem to locate what might have caused this problem.
I appreciate any help you have.
Thank you.
Ron

Solution
Hi,

It could only mean that one of your device is stopping it to go to screensaver mode due to some activities. Try checking in Device Manager first, make sure that your wireless adapter is not set to wake the PC up.
- In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and select Properties.
- Go to Power Managerment tan and make sure that the 2 boxes are unchecked.
( Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power and Allow this device to wake the computer)
- Click OK and test if it would go to screensave mode.
Hi,

It could only mean that one of your device is stopping it to go to screensaver mode due to some activities. Try checking in Device Manager first, make sure that your wireless adapter is not set to wake the PC up.
- In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and select Properties.
- Go to Power Managerment tan and make sure that the 2 boxes are unchecked.
( Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power and Allow this device to wake the computer)
- Click OK and test if it would go to screensave mode.

Solution

Ronshi

Reputable
Aug 17, 2015