Window 7 to 10 with a change of hdd to ssd and memory change

Lorenzo_2

Reputable
Oct 23, 2015
Hello. So my problem is so complicated (in my opinion). I have an old VAIO Laptop-VPCEC4S0E, and I really wanna boost it. So it came with window 7 and I updated to window 10 on my hdd. Now the things I wanna do are as follows. The laptop is very slow, and there is nothing at all on it that i need. I need to destroy whatever is on it, and get it back to factory settings. Will that return it to window 7? I dnt know. On the other hand, I want to remove my hdd and replace it with an ssd. Plus i wanna remove my old memories and put newer ones (6gb into 8gb). So my question is, in what order should I do all this work? Should I start with restoring to factory settings(again not sure if it will be back to win7), then install window 10 on hdd, then clone it to the ssd, then swap the hdd with the ssd? is that the right order of doing these things. And I will fit the memory change with the hdd-ssd swap. I'm a newbie plz forgive me. Thank you already for ur responses :) (plz mind my english)

In short, I wanna make my old laptop like a new purchased laptop with an SSD, new memory and a Window 10 on it. Blast me with Answers!! :)

Solution
I don't think you'll gain anything with upgrading the ram from 6 to 8gb,i think it's a waste of money.

With a recovery i suspect that you will revert to W7,maybe best thing to do is find a windows 7 iso,burn a bootable dvd and do a fresh install with the new ssd inside.The productkey for your windows should be on a sticker on the laptop.After that upgrade to W10.
Maybe this will help with getting the windows 7 iso.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery
this way you don't get the bloatware as well that oem's tend to install.

Cazalan

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
I don't think you'll gain anything with upgrading the ram from 6 to 8gb,i think it's a waste of money.

With a recovery i suspect that you will revert to W7,maybe best thing to do is find a windows 7 iso,burn a bootable dvd and do a fresh install with the new ssd inside.The productkey for your windows should be on a sticker on the laptop.After that upgrade to W10.
Maybe this will help with getting the windows 7 iso.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery
this way you don't get the bloatware as well that oem's tend to install.

Solution