Skylake (i7 6700) performance on Windows 7 (vs Windows 10)

Hmmmm1

Reputable
Oct 23, 2015
Hello there. I'm having a huge dilemma right now. (Skip to 1 for the question) Upraging the computer that's for sure.
First i wanted to go with the i7 4790k, but then i was convinced and started to really like the new i7 6700 Skylake cpu. But the question is. Since i only came accross some huge disappointments - like how they ripped out the option of installing Win7 properly and now just as i expected, i just find out how Windows 10 is sooo bad. It would be too much to explain why, but the MAIN thing is it looks sh*t. modern bs, start menu with the tiles. JUST NOO WAY. and they really want to stick it in your face. NO! Its so bad + other things. Totally pisses me off, so just leave that way : ( (even there are solutions how to bring back the classic start menu)

1. So with the new skylake and everything, and if i 'd be able to install Win7 on the computer, how much the performance of the cpu or the whole computer would be more less if i go with Windows 7 and not 10. (Beacuse of the DX12, etc. and of course they want you to go and use their newest crap Win10. - Look at that control panel, its not even deserve to call that what so ever ppuff) So basicly, until this time the online thing i like is the CPU, but its kinda sad experiencing after hours of searching on the web, that how they want to force you. And if there is a huge performance gap with Skylake and between the two OSs (7 and 10) then im gonna go with Haswell. Edit: it would be nice to see the cpu's performance is equal on both operation system.

The CPU doesn't care or know what OS you're running. The fastest CPU will be faster, no matter what OS is installed. If I were you I'd try to get used to Windows 10; you won't have a choice if you want to take advantage of DX12.

There will be no measurable difference in performance between Windows 10 and Windows 7 on the same computer.

As for the other thing, I suspect you're talking about the drivers for the new USB and NVMe drives not being in the Windows 7 distribution. That you can overcome easy - I used to have a Windows XP DVD with SATA and USB drivers slipstreamed in it for a few years. Google will be your friend.

Hmmmm1

Reputable
Oct 23, 2015
Hmm, i see thanks, i may decide to get the skylake then.
(Just tought if they dont want you to install Windows 7, they might have downgraged the cpu's perf. as well. or the windows 10 is the one that fully capable to use 100% of THIS cpu.

DeathBladeRSX

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016
To be honest most games now are more DX9 to 11 since DX11 gives a more realistic feel companies try to utilize the capabilities of DX11 since 12 is only new and not many games are able to support it yet so no need to worry about going to Win 10 fully for a while yet (till Win 7 is no longer supported)