Downgraded to windows 7. Now want windows 10 again.

G

Hello.

A few days ago i upgraded to windows 10 using the free upgrade option.

For some reasons i reinstalled my old windows 7.

Now i again want to install windows 10. So to get it free, do i need to do the upgrade thing again? Or can i simply do a clean install of windows 10 and have it activated for free?

Solution
G
Thing is i know its possible to get free windows 10 again. And after getting free windows 10. Its possible to reinstall it too as the license is based on device. But after going back to windows 7.. Still possible to do clean install instead of going through the whole upgrade option?.. Thats what i am not sure.

Update: Yes its still activated after reinstalling. You can install windows 10 as many times as you want. But you just need to follow the upgrade procedure for the first time to get the license assigned to your computer --
G

But i heard that windows 10 is registered on system so we can even reinstall it and have it activated. Isnt it like that?

Well the way it works is, you upgrade to windows 10 by launching the upgrade package in windows 7.
Then it gets your windows 7 licence and activates windows 10 with it.

Then if you choose to install or use the full windows 10 install from a Dvd disk or usb pen, flash drive.
It should activate windows 10 with no problem.
I should think it will allow you to do it again if you use the upgrade option package withing windows 7 again also.
As long as the licence key was legit of course.

G

Thing is i know its possible to get free windows 10 again. And after getting free windows 10. Its possible to reinstall it too as the license is based on device. But after going back to windows 7.. Still possible to do clean install instead of going through the whole upgrade option?.. Thats what i am not sure.

Update: Yes its still activated after reinstalling. You can install windows 10 as many times as you want. But you just need to follow the upgrade procedure for the first time to get the license assigned to your computer --

Solution