Windows 10 System Idle Process 100% CPU usage?

wolfEXE57

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Hey all Im having this weird and super annoying problem and i cant for the love figure it out and really need help with it. i only noticed the problem a bout a week ago. my CPU was at 100% usage but nothing is taking up the usage. some of my programs will spike to 50% for some reason but in details theres this system idle process thats taking up 99% of my cpu.
is there anyone who knows how to fix this?
i keep reinstalling my pc but the problem keeps poping up.

Solution
Please go to start, search for CMD, run as Administrator, then type without the "" "SFC /Scannow" not the space between sfc and /scannow, then please post your results.

Doing this scans the intergrity of all protected system files and replaces any incorrect versions with the correct mocrosoft version

bailojustin

Distinguished
System Idle Process at 100% is perfectly fine, it is how much of your CPU is currently AVAILABLE, if you start up programs and things then it will go down because you are using your CPU. This just shows how much of your cpu is not being used at the moment. NOTHING to worry about and it is Perfectly Normal. In fact, the higher the CPU idle, the better it is for you as you have more cpu available.

System idle process is the percentage of the CPU that is not doing anything. If system idle process is using 98% of your CPU, that means you're actually only utilizing 2% of it. You'll notice if you start up a game or something, system idle will go down and the game will go up. Nothing to worry about. -Ewok93 credited

wolfEXE57

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013

so something like is this ok? http://imgur.com/a/SnQ1g

bailojustin

Distinguished

Do you have a Logitech mouse or keyboard, microsoft mouse? and are you windows 7 or 8

bailojustin

Distinguished
Please download and install the latest version of Setpoint 6.65.62, you can even uninstall setpoint and just use the windows drivers and not have the issue. You should end the process dwm.exe and watch everything revert to normal, logitech has a bug out that has been causing enermous issues, Install the latest setpoint, and if that does not work, uninstall it all together and just use windows drivers and that will fix your problem.

if you want to test just end process dwm.exe

Quicklink to what you need http://support.logitech.com/en_us/software/setpoint

Get back to me and let me know the progress if possible, Thanks.

bailojustin

Distinguished
Please go to start, search for CMD, run as Administrator, then type without the "" "SFC /Scannow" not the space between sfc and /scannow, then please post your results.

Doing this scans the intergrity of all protected system files and replaces any incorrect versions with the correct mocrosoft version

Solution