GPU to upgrade Dell Inspiron 530

DeclanDornstauder

Honorable
Dec 7, 2014
Hello everyone!

I have an old Inspiron desktop from 2008 I believe, and I've been wanting to upgrade it so I can play League of Legends, and other games of the like.

Specs: http://www.cnet.com/products/dell-inspiron-530-desktop-computer-intel-core-2-quad-q6600-500gb-hdd-4gb/specs/

Currently, I'm averaging 10 - 25 FPS at the lowest settings (in LoL) with a lower than recommended resolution, so I want to add a graphics card for around $100 CAD that will boost my FPS significantly.

So, what GPU can I add that would be compatible with the computer, and how much do you think it would improve its performance (FPS wise)? Keep in mind that the Inspiron 530 is pretty old, so I'm unsure if newer cards will work.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Wachsbaum

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015
Not sure if you've gotten an answer already.

Your low-watt PSU will limit you to a few entry-level cards. I've got the 530 and added a Radeon HD4550 back in '11 because I thought I'd getter performance with games I already had. I was happily surprised to be able to run CoD 2, MW, SW-BF2 and FSX. Mid-level cards will probably require a PSU upwards of 400 watts, and there are other more specific requirements. I just got a card that would fit my computer's existing specs.