Slow Windows 10 Network Saving

twang103

Reputable
Oct 26, 2015
I have upgraded three pc's in our office to windows 10. Since the upgrade, saving from our design software to a Readynas104 on two of these computers has become incredibly slow.
Using the third windows 10 pc, or any of our old pc's running win xp and 7, saving works fine.

When these 2 windows 10 pc's try saving to another computer rather than the NAS, they also save fine.

I cant figure out where the issue is occurring based on the tests I have done. Any suggestions would really help!

Other information:

All pc's are connected via GB Ethernet, and transferring files over SMB to the NAS is quick.

Ive noticed when saving on the pc's that work fine, the network transfer speeds show about 80mb/s, whilst saving from the 2 affected pc's the transfer speed is only about 2.5mb/s when using the network monitor.

I have tried updating network card drivers which has not helped.

I have removed all disconnected network drives, and this also does not help.

Solution
Finally Solved!
I installed 'Readynas Remote', which installs a new network adapter (Leaf network adapter).
When this is enabled, saving speeds are almost instant again!

twang103

Reputable
Oct 26, 2015

I just turned off windows firewall and disabled AVG antivirus and there was no improvement.
I also have the firewall on the NAS disabled.

twang103

Reputable
Oct 26, 2015
As a workaround, I am having to save files locally, and then transfer them in windows explorer when done. This is not ideal.
Saving some of these files directly over the network, (~7Mb files) is taking over 15 minutes!
Any more suggestions of what I can try?

twang103

Reputable
Oct 26, 2015
Finally Solved!
I installed 'Readynas Remote', which installs a new network adapter (Leaf network adapter).
When this is enabled, saving speeds are almost instant again!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS