What is holding me back ?

Username 55

Reputable
Oct 26, 2015
Hey guys ! Maybe someone could help me i lag in online games like wow , Star wars the old republic , Diablo 3 , Tera , Evolve and i wanted to know what in my system is holding me back ? My fps can sometimes drop to 20 average in these games. Here are my specs feel free to shout at me if i missed something. I just want to know which components is holding me back.

Windows 8.1 64bit
Intelcore i7 cpu 920 @ 2.67Ghz 4cores, 8 logical processors
8gb ram ddr3
Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 4096mb GDDR5

Note that all of these games are online and i live in South Africa we have horrible internet here so my ping ranges from 250-500 in these games but i was told internet does not influence fps.

mudpuppet

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
The internet wouldn't impact the rendering, but you would notice stuttering as your character moves about. As an example, while playing Battlefield 4 with a latency of 150-200 I will be running and something jump forward a foot and back a foot. It'll happen often like running through thick mud and getting my shoe caught.

The build itself looks like it should be able to handle everything, so I would say make sure your drivers are up to date and clear up your HDD. Malwarebytes and a good old fashion "cleansing" of things you don't use/play. See if this helps. You can try and reinstall a game and see if there is any improvement afterwards. It's an older CPU and GPU but I think they should still be perky enough to handle WoW.