Strange Realtek Audio "Popping" Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlbinoTurtIe

Reputable
Oct 26, 2015
So, I have a windows 10 desktop and I'm having this issue with my Realtek Audio Driver. Every time I enable any sound effects to adjust the EQ for my audio device, I begin to hear a popping or crackling sound whenever any audio is heard. But if I disable the EQ effects, the problem is gone. I've tried installing Realtek's Windows 10 drivers but the problem persists. It's very odd and I haven't found a solution anywhere online.

Any suggestion would be very appreciated!!

Solution
Is it possible to pass on details of your system specs?

When we are talking of audio popping/crackling it can occur from one of the following reasons:
1| bad audio device drivers
2| dirty power reaching your system
3| faulty audio cable
4| the volume on your device output is set to maximum
5| grounding issue in your crib/work environment

If you haven't found the issues to be prevalent on an OS prior to Windows 10 then it is definitely an issue with your drivers. The work around to that sort of an issue, according to this thread, is to set your Minimum Processor State to 100%.

Here is the link to Realtek's Drivers Download Page. If you're lost then follow this route:
HOME > Downloads > Computer Peripheral...

Lutfij

Titan
Is it possible to pass on details of your system specs?

When we are talking of audio popping/crackling it can occur from one of the following reasons:
1| bad audio device drivers
2| dirty power reaching your system
3| faulty audio cable
4| the volume on your device output is set to maximum
5| grounding issue in your crib/work environment

If you haven't found the issues to be prevalent on an OS prior to Windows 10 then it is definitely an issue with your drivers. The work around to that sort of an issue, according to this thread, is to set your Minimum Processor State to 100%.

Here is the link to Realtek's Drivers Download Page. If you're lost then follow this route:
HOME > Downloads > Computer Peripheral ICs > PC Audio Codecs > High Definition Audio Codecs > Software.

R2.79 is the latest release from Realtek that supports Windows 10. Do note though there is a 32bit and 64 bit version so download that which is appropriate for your OS+system specs.

Hope this helps.

Solution

AlbinoTurtIe

Reputable
Oct 26, 2015

This resolved the issue. Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.