My New GPU Has Very Poor Performance

Josh_V

Reputable
Oct 26, 2015
Hi my name is Josh, I have been wanting to make this thread for a while and have been hesitant to as I didn't think there was a problem. 4 Days ago I picked up ASUS Nvidia GeForce GTX750 OC 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card as an upgrade from my PNY Nvidia GTX 460 768MB. Came home that day with the new GTX 750, It looked beautiful. As I did, I rushed home and slid it in my motherboard. At first I though I was missing the cables but then I realised that they don't require extra power. So anyway I launched up my PC and everything was fine got my drivers and I was satisfied. The next day I launched up my PC just to find that it took 3-5 Minutes just to make my desktop 'interaction-friendly' So anyway I though it was just a one-time-thing.
I decided to do a bit of editing on Adobe After Effects CS6, And when I pre-rendered the frames a error message popped up saying

'The NVIDIA OpenGL driver detected a problem with the display driver and is unable to continue. The application must close Error code: 3 Would you like to visit http://nvidia.com/page/support.html for help?

Ever since then I have been looking for solution and have found nothing at all and all the problems are still present. I have tried downgrading my drivers but still no luck!

My second problem was that after playing some games e.g.: Battlefield 4, Red Orchestra 2, Sniper Elite V2, Sniper Ghost Warrior 2, War Thunder etc... I found out that my GTX 750 didn't feel as if it was running at full potential and felt that my 'Old' GTX 460 had better performance. And again sine then I have tried every fix on the internet but still no luck. So if you could please leave some suggestions/solutions they would be highly appreciated or feel free to add me on steam at Josh_V if it is easier for you

Many Thanks, Josh

My PC Specifications:

Proccessor: AMD A8 6600K with Radeon Graphics
Graphics Card: ASUS Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 OC 1GB GDDR5
Hard Drive: Seageate 1TB Sata Drive
SSD: Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD
RAM: 8GB RAM
PSU: 500 Watt Power Supply
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

BSOD BSTD

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
It's a driver issue. I'm guessing its getting confused with the old AMD APU graphics driver.

uninstall the amd graphics drivers completely, then uninstlal the nvidia drivers, then reinstall the latest nvidia driver, should work better.

Josh_V

Reputable
Oct 26, 2015

Sure I will try that now.

EDIT: My game seems to be running decent now.

2ND EDIT: Thanks! It seems that it was my After Effects after all!

By any chance do you know any safe overclock speeds for my ASUS Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 OC 1GB GDDR5?