G-Sync or High refresh rate, the reason for smooth gameplay at 45Avg frame rate.

Yuki Core

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
I mean, it just has to be G-sync that makes games much smoother with below 60FP/s. But is it really?

I just had a 144Hz monitor with G-Sync, which I returned, because it was 1080p at 27", and small text was just too blurry for me, I couldn't stand it, it made my eyes hurt.
And after I plugged back in my old monitor, games just look so stuttery and laggy. It has just about the same response time (1ms difference) and the same resolution

So what I am wondering, for trying to figure out if I should ditch G-Sync or Higher refresh rates, or neither. G-Sync is very expensive to buy, and knowing that there is FreeSync for AMD, doesn't make this easier -
Is Over 60Hz a worthwhile thing when you have G-Sync?
Does 120/144Hz monitors make image smoother at framerates of 50-60FP/s avg.

Solution
If your only getting 45fps average, then yeah it's gona look bad on a non g sync monitor. G sync will always make any frame rate look good.

The Only way to make a standard monitor match a adaptive sync monitor in smoothness is to make 100% sure your FPS is hitting the max refresh rate of your monitor all the time.
If your only getting 45fps average, then yeah it's gona look bad on a non g sync monitor. G sync will always make any frame rate look good.

The Only way to make a standard monitor match a adaptive sync monitor in smoothness is to make 100% sure your FPS is hitting the max refresh rate of your monitor all the time.

Solution