Windows 10 network won't stay connected for long

amskhan

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
Hi, I have a Realtek PCIe GBE family controller that is acting very finicky within windows 10. My internet is on and off, and fluctuates a lot, Is there any solutions to the instability in my network? When i run the network diagnostic it says default gateway unavailable, but I have to do this nearly every 4-5 minutes. This is what my computer components are:
http://i.imgur.com/agpaRf8.png
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Solution
Hi,

First, try to uninstall/reinstall the driver of your network card.
- Open Device Manager again and uninstall Realtek network card.
- Reboot your PC and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- After the restart do test your internet connection if it will still fluctuate.

If it does still fluctuate do a hard reset with your modem and router. Turn them both off and on. Wait until all the lights are on specially the internet light and observe your connection again. Lastly, try contacting your ISP for more troubleshooting or checking of your internet connection.
Hi,

First, try to uninstall/reinstall the driver of your network card.
- Open Device Manager again and uninstall Realtek network card.
- Reboot your PC and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- After the restart do test your internet connection if it will still fluctuate.

If it does still fluctuate do a hard reset with your modem and router. Turn them both off and on. Wait until all the lights are on specially the internet light and observe your connection again. Lastly, try contacting your ISP for more troubleshooting or checking of your internet connection.

Solution