If you are an audiophile which is your preference a tube sound or a solid state sound?

This is a subjective question. What suits one may not suit another.

The best sound depends on quality of components used, design of circuitry, design and quality of speaker(s), listening environment, and also what "seems" or "feels" right to the listener.

Personally, from limited exposure to several tube and solid state systems, the tube based systems seem to be more fuller and sound better to me. But other people may not feel the same way as me.

Suggest try listening to different tube and solid state systems, and preferably within your own listening environment (in your lounge or multimedia room etc to allow for room acoustics which may affect the quality of sound) and then decide which system sounds the best or most natural.

Geekwad

Admirable

It is entirely subjective.....some will prefer one over the other, or can appreciate both (or prefer one over the other in certain circumstances).

In the end.....it's whatever you say :)

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
I had owned both tubes and solid state and tubes are more natural sounding and more closer to the real music compared to solid state which has a thinner sound and not very natural sounding.I played the clarinet for 7 years many moons ago.I owned systems worth thousands of dollars also.