PC turns on but there is no image on screen (Brand new motherboard)

DPMadGames

Reputable
Oct 30, 2015
Hey. I wanted to ask what the issue with my computer is. The issue I am facing is the fact that I built my computer with an upgraded motherboard after my last one fried due to my graphics card and later a power supply upgrade. Basically I turn the computer on with the power switch whilst the installation disc for the motherboard is inside the optical drive but it shows no image on the screen. I think that there might be some problem with my processor but I am not sure therefore I am asking all of you. :??:

Specs
CPU: AMD FX-8350 Quad core processor 3.8 GHz
Graphics: Asus GTX 770 2 GB ddr5
Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A- UD3P
1TB Sata hard drive
850W Arctic Power Supply
12GB DDR3 RAM

DPMadGames

Reputable
Oct 30, 2015
I have finally found the culprit which were 4-5 bent pins on my CPU. Hopefully the warranty company doesnt void the CPU warranty and I can get a replacement CPU.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Depends if it came like that or that they blame you.Bent pins can be straightened if needed,takes a bit of patience and a good needle or similar tool.Might work after that,but try the vendor first for a replacement.

DPMadGames

Reputable
Oct 30, 2015
nope I just checked the warranty and it said that if the CPU was "Repaired or damaged by careless usage" it is no longer covered by the 3 year warranty so I have to buy a new processor

Although I really appreciate your help