BSOD STOP Error Help Required (minidump files provided)

samjohnson841

Honorable
Oct 26, 2014
Hi, ive been having BSOD errors on and off for the past year, having done a clean install to windows 10 preview, i still got them. I have since then been back to windows 8.1 and up to windows 10 Home (where i am now). Recently the BSOD's having been getting far more frequent.

I have two minidumps I could find, (attached at the bottom) sometime, the pc bluescreens so hard, even the blue screen is broken.

If anyone would be able to read the dumps, (i have no idea how) and find what is causing the errors, that would be blooming marvellous.
Many thanks,
Sam

BSOD 1: Click me for dropbox link
BSOD 2: Click me for dropbox link

samjohnson841

Honorable
Oct 26, 2014
From what the program tells me, thanks for the link btw, there are several things to blame.

ndis.sys
Bug check description:
This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

win32kfull.sys
Bug check description:
This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

(there was one related to a ad-hoc wifi manager which was installed after these BSODs started to happen, it is now uninstalled.)

So, suggestions for what to do about the two faults its given me, a quick google reveals nothing much asides from that they are very deep level stuff.

Thanks is advance,
Sam

samjohnson841

Honorable
Oct 26, 2014
There is three update available, we shall what they do. I thought, as i've had this problem over several OS's, prehaps its a hardware problem, i've also removed one stick of memory (i have two 4gb ones) I see if that does anything.

Sam

samjohnson841

Honorable
Oct 26, 2014
The network driver was one of the first places I looked, ive done all the updates (they were all security anyways). I've memtested them before, not a single fault, im not sure i believe it though, so i am just remove them for a week each and try not to use the page file (ive managed to avoid it since XP)

:D
Sam

samjohnson841

Honorable
Oct 26, 2014
i dont get restarts until the bluescreen has finished creating a minidump? Unless the blue screen freezes, i left one bluescreen last night for around 10 hours and it still hadn't finished! :D

BIOS is 9 versions old:
http://us.msi.com/support/mb/H97-GUARD-PRO.html#down-bios
you will want to pick up all of the motherboard driver updates rather than the generic versions of the drivers with windows 10
http://us.msi.com/support/mb/H97-GUARD-PRO.html#down-driver&Win10 64

-----------
second bugcheck was in
Connectify Packet LightWeight Filter Kit driver from
http://www.connectify.me
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\cnnctfy3.sys Fri Jul 11 04:44:30 2014

I would update or remove this driver. looks like the driver used a invalid memory address.
can be a bug in the driver or in the network driver

-------------
first bugcheck was in win32kfull!bLoadFontFile+4d6

I would guess you have a virus infecting your font subsystem.
I would delete
c:\windows\system32\fntcache.dat
or search you system for extra copies that are being loaded from other directories.
start cmd.exe as an admin then
cd c:\
dir /s fntcache.dat

(this will tell you where all the copies are located)

you could also rename the file, windows should just create a new version.
I would then run a virus scan, and look for any adobe virus

-----------

drivers:
find out what this file is for and if you really want it.
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\assdv2.sys Mon Sep 09 01:02:26 2013

asus hardware monitor driver is pretty old, you might look for a update
\SystemRoot\SysWow64\drivers\AsUpIO.sys Mon Aug 02 19:47:59 2010

machine info:
BIOS Version V2.0
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 04/22/2014
Manufacturer MSI
Product H97 GUARD-PRO (MS-7923)
Version 1.0
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4150 CPU @ 3.50GHz
Processor Voltage 8ch - 1.2V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 3800MHz
Current Speed 3500MHz

samjohnson841

Honorable
Oct 26, 2014
I will update the bios, never done it before so should be interesting.
Im downloading a ton of drivers from the manufacturers website. Then installing them.
I've remove the suspected virus (fntcache.dat) and wasnt able to find any copys.
Just the one question though:
How would i look for an adobe virus in particular, will a mix of windows defender and malwarebytes do the trick?

Many thanks,
Sam

samjohnson841

Honorable
Oct 26, 2014
While updating the drivers, i got another BSOD, (inaccessible boot device). I have found this can be solved by booting into safe mode, unfortunately, f8 doesn't work in Windows 10. Any other ideas on how to boot into safe mode (i can't get into windows at all)

Many thanks,
Sam