Nvidia driver installer can't find compatible hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatteryAZID

Reputable
Oct 31, 2015
Hello everyone,

I've been searching through forums for answers but I can't seem to find any solutions that work for windows 10.
Here's the problem:
Currently my computer is running off of "Microsoft Basic Display Driver" instead of my GPU (EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+) which my monitor is actually connected to. When I try to install the drivers for this specific card, the installer states, "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware."
What I've tried already:
-Uninstalling/Removing everything Nvidia from my computer and restarting
-Finding/Removing all malware with anti-malwarebytes
-I can't locate my device ID because the display drivers tab in my device manager does not show up.

Any help is appreciated. Please ask for any information you still need that I forgot to mention.

Solution
Solution Found!

Go to device manager and look through every menu. If you see something disabled or have a yellow triangle next to them, fix it. I had to enable one of many PCI-PCI Bridges and it finally worked. THANK THE LORD!

BatteryAZID

Reputable
Oct 31, 2015

Could you explain how the DDU works? I opened the .exe file, a bunch of windows popped up and then closed. Is that all I had to do?

After you downloaded the file, it should ask you to extract it. You run the applications named :"Display Driver Uninstaller".
If you not running in safe mode, it will ask you to boot into safe mode, you just need to click yes to accept it. Then once you are in safe mode, it will pop up and ask you what you want to remove. Select Nvidia and choose the option "Clean and restart." and you should be done.

BatteryAZID

Reputable
Oct 31, 2015

I have followed all of these steps and then tried to install the driver through the link you provided. I once again received the "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware," message. (Thank you for your help so far)

BatteryAZID

Reputable
Oct 31, 2015

The same message showed up on the installer. I did double check on control panel and I am indeed running a 64 bit OS.

BatteryAZID

Reputable
Oct 31, 2015

It says that all windows software is up to date, and that the nvidia 970 driver has already been installed.
Sorry if I'm being vague at any point, I really appreciate all the help you are giving me.

HHWW21

Reputable
Oct 31, 2015
Hello,

I had the same problem an hour ago and thankfully i solved it.

I'm using Alienware 14 (laptop) so i'm not sure if this solution works on PC's.
1- I restored BIOS to default.

http://acer-in.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34098/~/reset-bios-or-uefi-to-default-settings

2- I downloaded Nvidia drivers from Alienware site.

"Alienware Nvidia Graphics Driver
This package provides Nvidia Graphics Driver and is supported on Alienware 14, Alienware 17, Alienware 18, running the following Operating ...
View details
Video_Driver_VJW59_WN32_10.18.13.5354_A00.EXE | Update Package for Microsoft® Windows® (333 MB)"

Hope it helps!

The bios shouldn't have any effect with the driver installation.
The drivers version technically should not matter. It should still install.

BatteryAZID

Reputable
Oct 31, 2015
Solution Found!

Go to device manager and look through every menu. If you see something disabled or have a yellow triangle next to them, fix it. I had to enable one of many PCI-PCI Bridges and it finally worked. THANK THE LORD!

Solution

B-RizzleDizzle

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
When all else fails, device manager will save the day almost everytime when it comes to issues of any kind related to hardware or drivers for said hardware...

Thanks for helping others BatteryAZ

Jun 20, 2019
Hey ! guys please any one can give me NVIDIA GEFORCE 820M ids
how to know it
Device manager --> go to nvidia driver --> right click on it --> properties --> Details --> hardwaire ids --> is on the top

Status
Not open for further replies.