Error code 0x80072EE7-0x20000

sapperatkinson

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
im trying to upgrade my win7 to windows 10, when i go to microsoft to upgrade and install the media tool, after 20 seconds i get this error code : we werent able to download all of the necessary files. Check to make sure you are commected to the internet and try running the tool again." i am connected to the internet, this is the computer i am trying to upgrade. any help in much appreciated. thanks!

Hi,

First, try to connect your PC hard wired so there will be no interruptions. Next is to use Windows Updates to install all the necessary updates that is needed by Windows 10. Lastly, once all the important updates has been installed use Windows Update as well to download and install Windows 10, it will prompt you once the update is ready.

sapperatkinson

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
okay, well when trying to do that, i found that windows update doesnt even work. If it helps much, i havent used this computer in about 4 months, because its been in storage due to me being out of the country. when i try checking for updates using windows update it says " windows update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running, you may need to restart your computer." ive restarted maybe 10 times and nothing.