PC freezes while loading up the BIOS

Kazbeh

Honorable
Nov 2, 2015
As the title suggests, my PC freezes when loading up the BIOS, but when I do a hard reset it loads up just fine. I have my BIOS updated to the latest version, and I keep Windows 10 updated as well. This problem only started about a couple months after I built my PC and all my drivers had been installed. I have tried looking for solutions online but haven't found anyone with this particular problem.

Solution

Then I would reseat your ram and GPU, this way you can check if it has something to do with that, I would also reset your CMOS by removing the battery, and removing power to the PSU, then hold the power button for 110 seconds, put back in the battery, and plug in your psu...

bailojustin

Distinguished
I would suggest rolling back your bios and removing the update, Do not ever update the BIOS unless you have a problem and the only way to fix it is through updating the bios, or if you need to make a cpu compatible. If you rollback the bios you should notice you will have 0 issues.

Kazbeh

Honorable
Nov 2, 2015

I suppose I can try that, but the updated BIOS came pre-installed on the machine, which had 0 problems during the first month of me running it. I never updated it past that...

bailojustin

Distinguished

Then I would reseat your ram and GPU, this way you can check if it has something to do with that, I would also reset your CMOS by removing the battery, and removing power to the PSU, then hold the power button for 110 seconds, put back in the battery, and plug in your psu then try it out.

Solution