HDMI cable or VGA cable to power up a 1080p Monitor?

RobinRichard

Reputable
Oct 28, 2015
I'm going to buy the LG 24MP77 monitor which is a 24" Full HD IPS monitor. It has 2 inputs: HDMI and VGA. And LG only bundles the VGA cable in the box.

Can I use the bundled cable and get away with it or should I invest in a HDMI cable? I know VGA is analogue signal but not sure if the quality will be bad enough to go for the HDMI route. If it'll be the same, then I'll stick with the VGA.

More Info: I'll use the monitor for gaming mostly and also light browsing. My current monitor is a decade old Viewsonic 17" 900p monitor that's slowly dying with too much backlight bleeding. Also my current Graphics card is a GTX 660 with a DVI to VGA converter.

Solution
It's definitely worth it to upgrade to an HDMI, it'll give you a more clear picture and higher quality sound as well, seeing that sound doesn't transfer through VGA as it does with HDMI. You can find HDMI cables decently cheap. (About 5-10$ usd online) or at a local store, even Walmart carry them.

himfour4

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014
It's definitely worth it to upgrade to an HDMI, it'll give you a more clear picture and higher quality sound as well, seeing that sound doesn't transfer through VGA as it does with HDMI. You can find HDMI cables decently cheap. (About 5-10$ usd online) or at a local store, even Walmart carry them.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS