PC is shutting down randomly. Not overheating.

GDucky

Reputable
Aug 6, 2014
A few days ago I was watching a youtube video and my PC just powered off completely as if the whole thing lost power.
I did a harddrive test and found no errors and I checked my temperatures which are very good.
I do not think it is a hardware problem because my computer is acting strange.
The first time it shut off it acted as if it was installing windows 10 for the first time but then applied a windows update.

Every time I turn it back on after a random shut down it starts with the purple screen and shows the spinning loading screen as if it needs to update windows. After that it goes to the login screen then flashes the purple screen with the loading bar again then loads the desktop.
Also my main harddrive was stuck at 100% usage and the PC was running very slow until I found a fix on the internet.

Sometimes it shuts off right after bios screen too.

I'm not sure if I have a nasty virus because antimaleware bytes and windows defender found nothing but the PC behaves like there is. I did have utorrent activated a hour before the problem happened but I do not know if it is just a coincidence.
I looked at my event viewer and all I saw was critical errors about the PC shutting down and another about a storage harrdrive about about to fail but I don't use it anymore since I bought more.

I also used to have a problem for months where my PC would sometimes not turn on at all until I unplugged and plugged back in all my parts. I stopped turning my PC off and just left it running after that because I just spent a lot of money replacing parts and gifts but I can't tell if it's that old problem just getting worst in some way or something else due to the strange start up behavior.

Hello GDucky

It looks like there is some Windows Update that is incompatible with your computer and uninstalling it may help.

If you don't know which update is causing the trouble, restoring Windows 10 back to an earlier restore point (before the PC shut down abruptly for the first time) would help.

However, since you are not able to boot normally, Starting the PC in Safe Mode and then Restoring Windows 10 Back to Earlier Time would be your best bet.

Good Luck!!