No sound in headphones, error message when i try to test audio in headphones (device in use)

TexasTech

Reputable
Oct 25, 2015
hello, this has been haunting me for a while. Im pretty pissed at window 10 so far, its not that great in my experience. I wish i could downgrade back to windows 10, but its too late. I have waited longer than a month. Either way, i was playing hotline miami, and suddenly the sound cut in my headphones. I checked, and they were working. But, they seem to be used by another application i do not know of. i get an error message saying "device in use, close any application using sound." Please help, any tips on how to make windows 10 more like windows 7 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,

You can try to uninstall/reinstall the sound card driver.
- Go to Device Manager, right click on the sound driver and select Uninstall.
- Reboot your PC and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- After the reboot make sure to set your headphone as the default sound device again.

TexasTech

Reputable
Oct 25, 2015

I tried to do this, but the uninstall button was unclickable. But, either way, i installed a windows update and everything seems smooth again, albeit not as smooth as windows 7. Still, the proven speed increase over windows 7 and directx12 is worth all hastle! Thanks