USB mouse and keyboard only working in bios

Henstergamer523

Honorable
May 21, 2014
Hi
My PC was working fine until today.
Now when I boot up the lights on my razor keyboard illuminate but when it gets past the bios the lights turn off.
When the login screen for w10 comes up I can't login because both the keyboard and mouse are not responding.
They work fine in the bios. I am using a custom built PC (a88x-gamer MOBO) and a corsair m65 mouse with a razer black widow 2015 keyboard and running Windows 10

Please help I am about to RAGE

Solution

oh but still the windows 8 disk should have a repair option and also a rollback option

glitchmaster0001

Reputable
Oct 12, 2015

what version of windows are you using home or pro? maybe somehow the drivers for the keyboard you got somehow went corrupt and windows was unable to recognize it. BIOS checks everything that is plugged in and working in the computer. BIOS doesn't see drivers for the components, only the OS does so it seems like you have a driver issue. have you tried a different keyboard?

glitchmaster0001

Reputable
Oct 12, 2015

did the keyboard work before you upgraded to windows 10? because ive heard from alot of people that windows 10 has a lot of driver issues.

glitchmaster0001

Reputable
Oct 12, 2015

do you think you can do a system roll back to before you had keyboard issues? for example 2 days?

glitchmaster0001

Reputable
Oct 12, 2015

sorry my bad i didnt realize you had a password on your computer. silly me for not reading the question correctly but if you didnt have a password then you could go to settings or just search up system restore in the search bar then roll your computer back to the desired time

glitchmaster0001

Reputable
Oct 12, 2015

the only way i know is to either A: system rollback B: plugging it in a different port. or C: reinstall windows. D: going to device manager and manually deleting drivers. This is puzzling me too id say wait for more people to comment their solutions as im a self taught rookie in computer solutions