Need help building ~1200 gaming machine

Carrigan

Reputable
Nov 3, 2015
Hey so I'm new.

I've been looking around and researching the best bang-for-your-buck PC builds for quite a while now, and all that I've really gotten out of it is that I have no idea what would be best for what I want.

I'm looking for a PC build that will come between 1000-1200 dollars (slightly over is fine, but not preferable) that will hopefully get me playing the latest games at the highest settings for the next few years, with some way of easily expanding in the future. This is my first real PC build, so any tips/tricks/builds/anything you wanna throw at me is more than appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Oh and there's this: http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=21825629 - which is a build I was thinking about a while ago. Comments/Suggestions on this would be cool too.

Carrigan

Reputable
Nov 3, 2015

Thanks! Here goes the template;

Approximate Purchase Date: 2-4 weeks

Budget Range: 1000-1200ish

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, gaming, gaming, and maybe streaming in the future but probably not.

Are you buying a monitor: No.

Parts to Upgrade: Building a whole new one from scratch

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I use newegg and amazon, but really if you have some you find reliable/trustworthy I'm down to try them.

Parts Preferences: none

Overclocking: Willing to try

SLI or Crossfire: If its the best solution

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Doesn't have to be fancy, quiet is nice but my current PC sounds like a jet engine anyways so i'm used to loud. I play LoL, TERA, and SWTOR right now mainly, but that's really only because those are games I can run decently. I want new games at max settings.

Edit: Didn't add games I wanna play. Witcher 3, BO3, MGSV, and things like that.

I don't need any peripherals at all, very happy with those. ODD is unnecessary as well.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: My current setup is just old, not able to run new material like it used to. I have an old ibuypower setup that I got about 4-5 years ago now and it's just time to bring in something new for my gaming habits.

bignastyid

Titan
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($254.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.50 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($154.99 @ Micro Center)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($62.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($87.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card ($294.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair Graphite Series 230T Black ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) ($91.88 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1164.08
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-05 10:47 EST-0500

Carrigan

Reputable
Nov 3, 2015

Hey thanks!
Would this build last me a while or would I have to spend more to get longevity?
Also, would it be crossfire capable for expansion in the future? (With the given of needing a new PSU, and probably a better cooling system.) and within that I suppose I should ask if crossfire is even worth doing or would I just want to buy a better single card when its time to upgrade again?

Sorry I'm so needy I'm just not really too savvy with the pros and cons of what's available nowadays. Haven't even looked at anything like this in about four years.

It is not expandable for crossfire. You would want at least the 850W G2 for Crossfiring 2 390s. Longevity? Well, we can never determine the pace at which technology will move. It's all on your own satisfaction in years to come. PSU is high quality and will provide your parts with healthy electricity and increase physical longevity.

Carrigan

Reputable
Nov 3, 2015

Thanks, boss. I really appreciate you guys helping me out!