Random Computer Crash/Shut-down Issues!

stueygewy

Reputable
Nov 4, 2015
Hello,

I've been having major crash/shut-down problems with my desktop computer the last several months and I'm simply trying to diagnose the problem and find a reliable solution.

Here are my system specs, taken from an 'Open Hardware Monitor' report: http://puu.sh/l8Jkq.txt Some extra specs that aren't listed in the report:

• Windows 10
    PowerColor R9 280X
    600W ATX DiabloTek DA Series Power Supply
    DEEPCOOL TESSERACT SW Mid Tower Case with Side Window and 2 Blue LED Fans

I recently ran a MemTest86 test for 4 hours and it found no issues. Here is the report: http://puu.sh/l8KiN.jpg

The Issue Explained

As I've stated, it seems that the occurrence is random, which is highly frustrating. When it does happen though, both of my screens/monitors will lose (HDMI for monitor 1 and DVI-I --> VGA converter for monitor 2) video signal and immediately enter power saver/sleep mode. The audio, which I have connected to a port on the top of the case, will also cut out, but a few seconds later. It will often sound robotic before it finally ceases. The computer and LED lights will sometimes stay powered on, forcing me to do a hard shut-down and re-start/re-boot. However, it will sometimes automatically reboot itself even though I have 'Automatic restart on system failure' disabled.

I am almost certain it is not due to an overheating problem as it occurs seemingly random anywhere from 2 minutes after startup - 6+ hours. I have tried re-seating the RAM (1x 8GB DDR3) and used both slots, but this has not helped. I also tried disabling ASRock's 'Automatic Shutdown if Motherboard overheats' in the BIOS.

I'd like to know which components may be the culprit to this problem and how/if I can determine this. Are there additional tasks/tests that I should try to single-out components for a stress test?

If you need me to provide any additional information or explanation, please let me know and I will.

Thank You!

-Stuey

TRENDING THREADS