Would it make a difference having one monitor off of my onboard and one of my GPU?

Shaun98

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
hi, I was just wondering if it would make a difference having a duel monitor setup with one running off of my GPU and one running off my onboard graphics?

also where can i get a dock that can attach 3 monitors to one stand?

and finally i have a dvi port on the back of my pc thats not connected to my GPU. Does that mean that slot is for onboard graphics?

Solution
Hi Shaun, first of all, yes, if there's any type of video output that's connected straight to your motherboard then it's considered Onboard graphics (even though it's the CPU that processes it).

And secondly, typically the onboard graphics are shut down automatically by the motherboard if it recognizes that you have dedicated graphics. And if you have dedicated graphics, depends on what card you have, but usually any dedicated GPU can handle two (or even three) monitors as long as it's not gaming and you have the appropriate video outputs.

Hope this helps

Shazamy

Reputable
Oct 22, 2015
Hi Shaun, first of all, yes, if there's any type of video output that's connected straight to your motherboard then it's considered Onboard graphics (even though it's the CPU that processes it).

And secondly, typically the onboard graphics are shut down automatically by the motherboard if it recognizes that you have dedicated graphics. And if you have dedicated graphics, depends on what card you have, but usually any dedicated GPU can handle two (or even three) monitors as long as it's not gaming and you have the appropriate video outputs.

Hope this helps

Solution

TRENDING THREADS