New Samsung 40" TV won't work with PC when connecting via HDMI

roryajken

Reputable
Nov 4, 2015
Hello all!

Recently I moved into a new room complete with a dual monitor display and 40" Samsung TV mounted on to the wall above my desk. Along with this, came a brand new HDMI cable which I purchased in the hopes of watching Netflix or whatever on my TV from my Bed. Anyway, my TV seems to never pick up on the fact that I have connected the two -and neither does my PC! The only noticeable change is the fact I can see that the HDMI 1 input on my TV knows there is a cable in it and yet it flashes up with 'No Signal'.

In case you are wondering, here are some specs as to what's involved:

GPU: EVGA GTX 970
TV: Samsung 40" LED 1080p TV (if you need the exact model, I can find out)

Before you ask, I have updated my graphics drivers and tried the cable with other computers and it has worked perfectly. Could it be possibly that my dual monitors is the problem? Or perhaps the TV and/or Computer? Maybe the Operating System? Either way, I'm not too sure and I would really appreciate it if anybody could help me out.

Cheers,
Rory:bounce:

Well, to answer your own question, disconnect your dual monitors, hook up only the HDMI to the PC and turn it on. If it boots and you see it, then there is your problem and you now have a starting point to start with. How are hooking up the other two monitors.

roryajken

Reputable
Nov 4, 2015

Hey gotochkn, thanks for getting back to me regarding the issue.

Unfortunately, I tried to do as you said but to no avail as the TV still displayed that 'No Signal' box as usual. With regards to your question, I am using a DVI cable for my main monitor and a VGA for my other monitor - although since it didn't work regardless of whether they were plugged in, I can't imagine that's the issue?

Thanks,
Rory

TRENDING THREADS