Pc POSTs then goes into sleep mode.

Outlaw1198

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2012
Ok, so when i turn on my computer it POSTs then goes into a sleep mode without displaying anything. No Bios or Manufactures image. I have tried removing the graphics card and just using the onboard graphics card with no luck. I doubt it is a monitor or cable issue as i use two monitors and the chance of them both going at the same time is slim. I have no idea what other things to try i am suspecting it is the motherboard

Shazamy

Reputable
Oct 22, 2015
When you say it goes to Sleep Mode, is the computer still running? (Fans, lights on MB?)
If so, you might have a graphics driver issue, which can be resolved by going into Safe Mode and removing the current drivers.

Is that what's happening?

Outlaw1198

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2012

The fans keep running and all, but the power light is fading in and out like when the computer is in sleep mode. I can not enter safe mode as i can not tell how to get there as there is no output on the monitor. I do not beleave it to be a driver error. As i have also tried the on-board graphics on the motherboard.

Outlaw1198

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2012

Yea it is strange it happened about 6 months ago and i fixed it by removing the graphics card, starting the pc, and then turning it off and putting the graphics card back in. I tried all the tests on the pc after it started up i could find nothing wrong with it. I have no idea what caused it but it did not work this time. I will try spamming f8 tomorrow when i get in from college and i will post the results here