Help with 3 Monitor on an EVGA GTX 760 4GB

G

I was thinking of buying another 1366x768 monitor strictly for websurfing and such but I am currently running a VIZIO Smart TV 1080p through HDMI and a Dell 1366x768 through VGA to DVI-I and I still have what I believe is the DVI-D (I really do not understand DVI ports and I apologize in advance for this) plus I still have my Display port open but I will be getting possibly a Dell monitor exactly like my other one as it's worked perfectly fine plus i'm getting it from a surplus store where they check all monitors before selling them.

spagalicious

Distinguished
Sorry, but what exactly is your question? If you have an available DVI out, you should be good to go provided the monitor you are purchasing has a DVI in. If not, you will need a dvi to vga cable.

Here's a link to the differences between DVI-D and DVI-I:
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/221/~/what-is-the-difference-between-dvi-i-and-dvi-d%3F

kb221_2.jpg

kb221_1.jpg

A DVI-D connector on a graphics card sends out a digital signal only, while a DVI-I connector, which carries both an analog and digital signal, can send out a digital signal (for digital displays such as flat panel LCD monitors) as well as analog signal (for older displays such as a CRT monitor) using a DVI to VGA adaptor shown below. The graphics card shown in Figure 1 which shows a DVI-I connector contains more pins than the DVI-D connector shown in Figure 2. The extra pins on a DVI-I connector carry the analog signal which the DVI-D connector does not have.

G

Okay i have the DVI-I to VGA adapter plugged into a default Dell Monitor and also an HDMI to a TV. I want to know how I'd plug in another monitor as I've never seen a monitor be used under DVI-D. Only HDMI and VGA. My DVI-D is open along with my Display Port.