Installing W10 and BIOS in UEFI mode?

preguntonontrack

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2013
I have an MSI board i was reading about uefi installations for better stability. In the bios i have some uefi drives but i have 0 idea on how to install a BIOS update or Windows 10 in UEFI mode.

You need to go to the MSI website and read the manual for your specific board. It will explain everything you need to update the bios, if it's necessary at all.

And for your information, BIOS and UEFI are generally used interchangeably, since they do the same basic startup controls (in different ways). However, your system will have just a BIOS or UEFI, not both (at the same time, though Sandy Bridge boards typically received upgrades from BIOS to UEFI afterwards)

And that's all you need....

If you have a motherboard that is for Intel chips starting in 70 or higher (B75, Z77, B85, Z97, etc), you already have UEFI instead of BIOS and like I said, they are simply referring to the UEFI as a BIOS. Just download the newest one and install using the instructions given in the manual.

If you need more help, state the exact specifications of your computer using pcpartpicker and what your intentions are (not what you want to do, rather why you need something done)

preguntonontrack

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2013
It does not seem right are you sure bu normally installing a bios is already installing UEFI mode? Why i cant boot any drive in UEFI when i just leave uefi drives on? and i read to install windows in UEFI is not done normally.

You are making no sense.

1) UEFI is a low level device IO manager that is a type of BIOS. Most companies use the two terms interchangeably.
2) Instructions on how to update firmware (UEFI/BIOS) is given at the manufacturer's website.
3) There is no such thing as "UEFI drive". The UEFI is in the motherboard, the drives literally don't care if you have BIOS or UEFI
4) If you enabled UEFI for a system that used to have a standard BIOS, you may experience issues the first time you boot because the boot order changed. Simply load the boot manager (read the instruction manual) and select the drive you want to boot from.