Win10: Stereo Mix not working after clean reinstall

Erak606

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015
Before in my upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7, I was able to use both my plugged in microphone and stereo mix options for recording devices interchangeably at different times (i.e. on Teamspeak either my microphone was selected or Stereo Mix was). This was accomplished by having both devices enabled but only the microphone set as both my default device and default communications device.

Afterwards, the update broke my drivers and I reinstalled them through Windows, giving me the Via HD Audio(Win 10) drivers. At this point, I could still do what I described above, and all was fine until some other bug forced me to reinstall Win10 using some installation media. Now that I have a fresh copy of Win 10, I've updated the sound drivers once again to the same Via HD Audio(Win 10) drivers, but Stereo Mix is basically picking up the sound from the wrong source. To explain, Teamspeak has different Capture Profiles, and I have set for Microphone Via HD Audio(Win 10), and the other Stereo Mix Via HD Audio(Win 10). When I try to use my Stereo Mix profile, my capturing becomes disabled on Teamspeak and does not work. The odd thing is that in the Windows Sound settings, the little volume bar is still beside the Microphone, and Stereo Mix is listed as "Currently Unavailable". Now my Windows sound, or what the Stereo Mix is supposed to be picking up is going through my Microphone device. In Teamspeak, I can edit the Stereo Mix profile to now use the Microphone as the capturing device, and it actually works, though it's coming from the wrong device. The problem is that I would have to redo that process each time, instead of having it automatically switch capturing devices.

I've tried reinstalling the same driver many times, and the driver provided on VIA's website does not even have Stereo Mix, nor does Via HD Audiodeck work. What can I do so Stereo Mix and Microphone work smoothly together again?

Lutfij

Titan
Could you pass on detail of your system specs? Perhaps we could source a functioning driver or a third party app that allows you to do what you want to do.

Furthermore, you could try and install the exact same driver but meant for Windows 7 by using compatibility mode in Windows 10.
Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility tab>Select OS(Windows 7 from drop down menu)