My computer goes to bios only shows the logo then black screens

Lyite

Reputable
Nov 6, 2015
Said on top it goes to bios only shows the logo the black screens. Then it repeats the process. The buttons dont even work for bios

GreyCatz

Distinguished
Greetings, Lyite:

I don't mean to be obtuse, but I'm assuming that you're trying to install Windows 10 from a USB drive. If so, two scenarios come to mind:

a) You're caught in a boot-loop and/or
b) Your system says no 'boot manager was found'.

Re a): Try to intercept the BIOS and go over your boot settings (Legacy or UEFI).
Re b): Reset the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery, or pressing the reset button on your motherboard.

Also, once your system boots from your USB drive, the Windows 10 logo appears and nothing happens for about 5 minutes or more. Be patient. And when the installer says 'Your PC needs to restart', remove the USB stick immediately. You'll see a count-down bar and you have to be quick. Otherwise you'll be back to square one.

Best of luck,
GreyCatz.

Lyite

Reputable
Nov 6, 2015
Im not trying to download Windows 10 however I am stuck in a loop as you said. I try to clear the bios but ut doesn't seem it worked. When I try to open bios or uefi no keys really work and it just keeps looping.so I can't get into uefi

GreyCatz

Distinguished

Hello, Lyite:

My best shot is to try the CMOS removal option one more time, only this time make sure to leave the battery out for at least an hour, preferably longer. If we're talking about a desktop, also locate the small jumper switch that often sits next to the battery. Move the fuse from its current position to the other position available.

Note: Before doing this, disconnect the power cord and press the power button until all fans die out. Make sure you touch some bare metal, like a kitchen faucet, regularly. If we're talking about a laptop, disconnect the onboard Lithium battery. Also disconnect all HDDs, remove any PCI cards and RAM modules and unplug the PSU from the motherboard.

After an hour or two, restore all components, keeping the CMOS battery for last, plug in the AC cord and power up your system. There may be some beeping, but you should now have access to the BIOS menu.

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

GreyCatz

Distinguished

Hello, Lyite:

Well, I did some digging and found your motherboard's manual here:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5216#manual

Download the PDF manual and go to the schematic of your board on page 4. Your CLR_CMOS switch is located in the same corner as your 6 SATA ports, right next to F_PANEL. Or jump to page 11 for a better view. It's number 7.

Another thing, your board has two BIOS systems, Main and Backup. Once you've removed the CMOS battery and the switch (and put them back in), hopefully the Backup BIOS feature will kick in - at least that's what it's supposed to do.

One final thing, before you attempt boot-up, remove all peripherals as I suggested in an earlier post, and leave only 1 RAM module for boot-up.

Let's give it another try!
GreyCatz.

GreyCatz

Distinguished

Hello, Lyite:

Yes. The manual says that you can use the tip of a screwdriver and touch the two pins for a few seconds, thereby shorting it. So that's the procedure.

My old motherboard has a small detachable connector that must be moved to different positions, but your motherboard seems more user-friendly. Just be careful.

Best of luck,
GreyCatz.