[New Build] CPU / Case cooling help needed!!

Ximerous

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014
PC part picker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/28xnf7

Hi I am working on a pc build and already have some parts. I have not gotten case nor CPU/Cooler but am looking at a couple options. I currently am looking at the CM Elite 130 but am worried since the PSU blocks the mobo that there could be cooling issues. I am looking for your opinions or info on this, better case or coolers would be appreciated. Or if this build would work, let me know! This will be used for business(lots of internet tabs and stuff like excel) and low end gaming, no overclocking.

CPUS
i5 4590 - as listed on PC Part Picked
i5 4590s
i3 4170 - I think this would be better option heat wise, and since it is for work.

uber9000

Distinguished
May 31, 2014
That case is very compact and I would not recommend getting that case because of that. Heat shouldn't be an issue with it, but it is definitely a possibility. What cooler are you looking at?

Ximerous

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014

After some more research I'm looking at a Zalman CNPS8900. I also think I might get the i7 4170 for heat reasons unless the 4590 wouldn't be an issue.

Kenan Perjaya

Reputable
Jul 5, 2015
For fans, of course around the internet the performance of Noctua fans are much praised, but of course at a high price point. CPU cooler wise, I don't know if the CM Hyper 212 Evo would fit in that, but honestly a stock cooler is fine as you won't overclock. For a Mini ITX case, the Silverstone Sugo SG13 seems pretty. I know that the things that I say are overkill for your build, but take a look into it anyways. Do you like gamer esque type cases or is it for an office use and you want it to look simple?

Ximerous

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014

Stock cooler doesn't fit :)