Will it really make difference?

FunctionalGaming

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014
I currently have a Gtx 750 ti with amd a6-6400k... I am honestly not happy with the performance.

I want to get a cpu that will help me run games on highest.. I was thinking a i5 4690k?? But I am really unsure as I think I will be disappointed..

Anybody reassure or help me to make it to work?

To run games on highest, you will need a new CPU, a new motherboard and a new GPU. If you really want to run them on highest/ultra settings, you are looking at around $1000+ upgrade at least. Probably a new power supply, and well, at that point, it's a probably a new PC.

The prime mediocre

Distinguished
Most of your dissatisfaction probably stems from CPU bottleneck. That processor focuses on strong integrated graphics, and lacks a bit in CPU power. I would recommend either upgrading to a quad-core AMD A8 or just picking up an H110 board, DDR4 RAM, and a core i3-6100. The former choice would quickly alleviate your bottleneck, and the latter would completely clear you to upgrade your GPU to a GTX 970/ AMD 390

The 750 Ti is not a bad card in the least, and while it won't get you highest settings, it should be good for 60FPS at 1080p.

These recommendations are based on the system you already have. If you're planning on spending >$800 for a full system overhaul, the 4690K is a great choice.