How to stop answers that link to Adware

Solution
I'd say that any "tutorial" that links to a single piece of software (or more than one piece of software from the same publisher) is just a sophisticated form of Spam. But I appreciate that it is impossible to police this effectively without a requirement that tutorials are pre-moderated. In fact, that may be something worth considering just to avoid poor tutorials and/or obvious plagiarism from being published.

McHenryB

Admirable
I'd say that any "tutorial" that links to a single piece of software (or more than one piece of software from the same publisher) is just a sophisticated form of Spam. But I appreciate that it is impossible to police this effectively without a requirement that tutorials are pre-moderated. In fact, that may be something worth considering just to avoid poor tutorials and/or obvious plagiarism from being published.

Solution
CrystalDiskInfo is a pretty well known piece of software, and I'd expect a spammer to either link to the official page or not link there at all.

That poster seems to have posted quite a few tutorials in a variety of areas a few years ago, so I don't think it's spam. Also not written like it.

I've encountered this (and not from links in this forum) CrystalDiskInfo, like a few other utilities I can name has that opt-out install of additional software in the installer. Java also does that. SO one has to be careful to NOT just click install, but to make sure not to install the add-on software.

It's as annoying as heck, but I guess a site like Tom's that live off advertising can understand revenue-driven models.

Edit: Sometimes when I post links to these types of utilities, I tell people to take care. Other times I'm too lazy.