How to remove Office 365?

RiennaCruzar

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014
So I recently got an HP Stream 7.
I removed office of course and it seemed to work.
BUT I've updated it to Windows 10. And low and behold office 365 returns flashing a offer to try a 1month trial. And no matter what I do it will NOT go away from my start-screen. I clicked the uninstall and it seemed to be uninstalling, but now it's still there only the uninstall button is gone.
I tried unpinning, but all the tiles just go transparent and then it returns to normal after a few minutes, and the tile is STILL there.

Is this really how Microsoft wants to push their office software?
If so I'm never EVER touching it. Even if I end up with a job that demands I use Microsofts office software. I'll use WPS instead. Because this is beyond uncool, this is wrong on so many levels.

RiennaCruzar

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014
I'll try that again I guess.
After I get done replacing Windows Defender with Panda Free.
I can't stand having it constantly scan and freeze up my tablet when I download something I already know is safe. >< So it'll probably take just a few more minutes before I get to that. I'll post back if it works. (Sadly can't reply properly. The reply buttons are all gone. All I see is the "answer" button.)

Defender should never freeze up anything while scanning. Are you sure your computer is actually in working condition?

Try to check for system corruptions using sfc /scannow in an administrator command prompt.

RiennaCruzar

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014
Yes I'm sure.
I've never had good luck with Windows Defender or MSE.........even back when I had a really REALLY nice desktop (Talking gaming desktop. It ran Serious Sam HD with 2xSGSSA on Ultra with 60+fps). It would give me trouble, randomly eating up 90% of CPU resources out of nowhere, and going to scan downloads then locking up. I know it's not a "corruption" issue, I tried doing a "sfc" scan before ON those systems that had this SAME problem, though what made me go run the scan was other problems (Windows Update borked) and there was no issues found.

>.>