What is the use of an 144hz or even 165hz monitor if for example my titan x can make an average of 75-80hz on 27inch maxed out

Skyrider1300r

Reputable
Nov 8, 2015
What is the use of an 144hz or even 165hz monitor if for example my titan x can make an average of 75-80hz on 27inch maxed out

Solution
The use of 144Hz is the refresh rate at which your monitor will receive the signal from your GPU. With this frequency you can get better response times and reduced input lag, ideal for FPS games if you are very competitive. To achieve the effect, you will need to tune down your graphics settings until you start getting more than 144 frames per second.

P.S. I forgot to mention, you will also need a Display Port cable for this to work.

Cheers.

ninj0e

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
The use of 144Hz is the refresh rate at which your monitor will receive the signal from your GPU. With this frequency you can get better response times and reduced input lag, ideal for FPS games if you are very competitive. To achieve the effect, you will need to tune down your graphics settings until you start getting more than 144 frames per second.

P.S. I forgot to mention, you will also need a Display Port cable for this to work.

Cheers.

Solution