HELP Windows 10 stuck in please wait mode for the past 24 hours after reset

G

I had to reset my computer. I selected to keep my file have because I didn't have any backups at the time. The reset completed successfully but now windows has been stuck at a please wait screen for the past 24 hours. Here's the link to show you what is happening https://youtu.be/050kLj03i0w

My specs are:
Motherboard: GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P rev. 2.0
CPU: AMD FX 6300 Black Edition
GPU: EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW
RAM: Ballistix Sport XT 8GB DDR3-1866(PC3-14900) DL10 Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit

Solution
i think you hard needs a fromate and or / chackdisk stick the cd in agian and tell it you havin problems if it dosnt fix it by it self. run check disk, if that dosnt fix it nuke(formate drive ) so you have a fresh primary partion and make sure your bios is back to normal (optimal setings) not legacy or IDE but the ACPHI crap...

koffeeshop77

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
it is updating and getting everything ready for "win 10" may take up to over night happen to me to best thin is just leav it hand mess with your phone or something.i think lik 26 updates came all at the same tim and in the end you see the little windos 10 square on the bottom

G

But so far ive had to login to windows and when i do i get a blank screen so i reboot and the same please wait screen starts over again and here https://youtu.be/050kLj03i0w

koffeeshop77

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
i think you hard needs a fromate and or / chackdisk stick the cd in agian and tell it you havin problems if it dosnt fix it by it self. run check disk, if that dosnt fix it nuke(formate drive ) so you have a fresh primary partion and make sure your bios is back to normal (optimal setings) not legacy or IDE but the ACPHI crap...

Solution

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
This is probably unrelated... but I had that same exact screen after I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10... but I resolved that problem.

To exit .. just press and hold the power button on the PC case to shut off your computer and it should boot up fine the next time around.

As to the cause of that problem for me... It was the Windows 7 "Fast Start" setting. Since I had never used hibernation... Fast Start uses that to help your computer boot faster... and caused it to hang on the first boot. Disabling that setting cleared it up for me...

G

How would I turn off fast boot if i cant even login to windows to do so

G

I did reset to optimal settings it didnt solve anything (btw i left it on overnight and nothing changed) Im going to do a clean install but i need to get my files off first.

G

I did reset to optimal settings it didnt solve anything (btw i left it on overnight and nothing changed) Im going to do a clean install but i need to get my files off first.