Install Windows 10 Clean Or Upgrade

sahildias

Reputable
Dec 15, 2014
I've 256 gigs of SSD with W10 Build 10547 Insider, Games & literally a lot Software are installed. Can anyone suggest the best option for installing 10586 Build (Almost RTM) from following-
1.Clean.
2.Upgrade.

(Note: I want to minimize writes on SSD with no/less degradation in overall system performance. Don't want any errors/bugs (not present in clean install) after upgrade)

Solution
Well you can just upgrade and then go in and to a Windows reset which will wipe all previous windows settings. Pretty much like a Factory Default type option or just boot off win 10 media and wipe everything

As for the SSD I wouldn't worry about it. It takes YEARS of 24/7 writes to kill these guys these days.
Well you can just upgrade and then go in and to a Windows reset which will wipe all previous windows settings. Pretty much like a Factory Default type option or just boot off win 10 media and wipe everything

As for the SSD I wouldn't worry about it. It takes YEARS of 24/7 writes to kill these guys these days.

Solution

sahildias

Reputable
Dec 15, 2014

Then I'll Go with Clean Windows Installation. Infact I've Samsung 850 Pro which is MLC Typed SSD, comes with 10yrs warranty.

TRENDING THREADS