Dual monitor setup, need help and suggestions please!

Ollie_Cottam

Reputable
Nov 10, 2015
Hey guys,

So basically at the moment I am running my PC of a single monitor the ROG Swift, this only has one input and this is a display port 1.2. Now I want to add my PS4 on to the same desk as my pc and now need a second monitor to do so, however I also wish to run a second monitor for my pc. My questions are : Does it matter if the refresh rate of each screen is different?
Is it a huge issue if the resolution of each monitor isn't the same?
I have one monitor in mind and that is the BenQ Xl2720Z and was looking for alternatives to solve my problem. I have looked in to a HDMI output to Displayport input from startech and possibly purchasing another swift, but i feel this is a waste of money and it may not even work as across the internet HMDI to DP seems to be a mystery.

Any suggestions and comments are greatful, thanks in advance.

Ollie,

Solution
Different resolutions on the monitors it not bad, but not ideal. For example you can't run the same screen on both without changing one of the resolutions, moving windows between them will resize them.

What you may want to do is sell your monitor, then get two identical monitors to use for your setup. Will cost a bit more, but then you are gaining a monitor with multiple inputs and you will also have matching color and image quality.
Different resolutions on the monitors it not bad, but not ideal. For example you can't run the same screen on both without changing one of the resolutions, moving windows between them will resize them.

What you may want to do is sell your monitor, then get two identical monitors to use for your setup. Will cost a bit more, but then you are gaining a monitor with multiple inputs and you will also have matching color and image quality.

Solution

Ollie_Cottam

Reputable
Nov 10, 2015
I hadn't thought of that, unfortunately money isn't that available to me, I can't afford one not two monitors at once.
That's probably a long run goal though.
Any other ideas?