Pc to tv hdmi connection trouble

LiviuMurgu

Reputable
Nov 10, 2015
Issue is as follows. I was playing when my dog pulled the hdmi cable connecting my pc to the tv. Though the the head of the hdmi was a bit bent i was able to easily straighten it back and plug it back in. Screen came back to normal with no further issues. I shut down the pc normaly and went on with my bussines. After some time when i turned my pc back on, the tv says "no signal" even though when selecting which port to display hdmi 1 is lit up as if it sees it but does not receive anything. What could have changed with a simple shut down?

Solution
Its hard to say, with electronics lot of oddities can happen. Next would try another input on TV and also another output on the video card if it has extra, commonly dvi, hdmi, dp, perhaps another output source like a dvd player just to rule out pc or tv from having issue in case new cable doesnt do the trick.

LiviuMurgu

Reputable
Nov 10, 2015

LiviuMurgu

Reputable
Nov 10, 2015
What struck me as odd is that it worked after being damaged. The hdmi goes through a hdmi-miniHdmi adapter. Took the adapter of and checked the alignment. I will go out and buy a new adapter but if that doesnt work could the ripping have damaged the port on my gpu?

xapoc

Reputable
Jan 16, 2015
Its hard to say, with electronics lot of oddities can happen. Next would try another input on TV and also another output on the video card if it has extra, commonly dvi, hdmi, dp, perhaps another output source like a dvd player just to rule out pc or tv from having issue in case new cable doesnt do the trick.

Solution

LiviuMurgu

Reputable
Nov 10, 2015
identified the issue. weirdly enough the head which was in the tv had some of it's pins bend 90 degrees backwards. odd since that kind of ripping would have meant to take of the metalic cover and plastic guiding,bend em and put em back. tried an older cable,it's shitier but it will make do till i order a new one. thanks for your help xapoc