I have 17.27 download speed and 6.22 upload speed and 79ms latency is that good?

Solution
Looks good to me. If your plan is for 15mb down, and 5mb up, that's perfect. Your ping will change depending on how close you are to the server.

Dark antz1

Reputable
Apr 28, 2014
Define good. I get 200Mb down and 15Mb up with around 10ms ping. So thats better than yours. However some people have Duplex GB internet I.E. 1Gb up and down. Which is better than mine.

It all depends on what you use your internet for. If you have alot of download traffic then you need high down speed. If you need to upload alot of data then you need high up speed. If you do alot of gaming then you need as low as ping as possible and bandwidth isnt too important.

There are other things that effect your internet aswell including line quality e.g. Jitter and Packet loss

SO really the question is not is my internet good. Its is my internet good enough for what I use it for.

You can use these websites to get a good idea of how your connection performs compared to others.

www.Pingtest.net
www.Speedtest.net

boodaddy

Reputable
Nov 7, 2015

Are you using Fiber? If I was only getting 15mb up for 200mb down I would be seriously upset. You're getting 10ms ping because you are closer to the testing server and your hops are limited. Change your location, and it will go up.

Dark antz1

Reputable
Apr 28, 2014

No, Coxial and welcome to the UK, everyone has capped uploads and I know... but my ping is good. I can get 30ms from UK to New York ...

boodaddy

Reputable
Nov 7, 2015

Yea your ping is excellent. If I go from where I am at in Ohio to Canada I get 120ms lol.