Motherboard audio problems, please help!

EM98xXkillerXx

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015
I posted this under Windows 10 and i have had no response so this is a repost:
Recently I noticed something. My speakers and headphones (I use the back port) stopped working completely. So far I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, windows 10, and even tried to see if the front panel port would work. Also both my headphones and speakers work, I plugged another device in to make sure that the problem didn't lie in that area. When I plug my speakers in the only sound you can hear is a high pitched noise that will slowly drop lower in pitch. It will even stop most of the time and no sound at all will be leaving them. Another thing is that windows recognizes when I plug the speakers in and out of my computer. It also says that there is a microphone plugged in when I have none. Is this a problem with my motherboard? I recently tried out a graphics card and may have scraped the motherboard surface however, my motherboard is an ASUS TUF series motherboard and there seems to be no physical damage.
My specs are:
i7 4790k stock
asus sabertooth z97 MARK 2 (has REALTEK alc1150 audio codec)
radeon HD 5830
850w power supply (EVGA if that's needed) and 2 solid state drives (both samsung) for OS and other things.
I have an old creative 5.1 audio sound system and some Sennheiser HD 205 headphones.
Any and all help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Update: I have tried out Windows 7 as well. Still no progress. I also tried draining any excess electricity from the motherboard (I am going to try this once more except leaving it for an hour without the motherboard battery). That didn't work either though. The high pitched noise does not seem to appear until I boot into Windows, however there is still no solution as to what is causing this. I need to know if my motherboard has to have an RMA because I really need the sound to work.

Lutfij

Titan
To rule out the NEW OS from the equation, download the latest drivers for Windows 7 off of Asus's website and re run your assessments.

If the hardware all check out to be in working condition and the necessary drivers are all downloaded, installed and working on both platforms but the latter OS is causing the issue then it's a software problem if the condition were reversed then its a hardware issue.

If you're looking for a reason as to why the audio ports gave out, then it could be that a capacitor might've gone out or worse the chip is damaged. Unlikely I know but these sort of things happen in electronics otherwise RMA's would be non existent.