WTB Lenovo W530 raid enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaxo151

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015
Looking to buy w530 laptop raid enabled. I have a non raid enabled w530 in great shape fi you would rather trade mine + $ for yours. Please pm me. Am in the San Diego CA 92026 area. Thanks

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
You might consider using Macrium Reflect and simply backing up your drive to an external drive. If you pay for it you can do incremental backups, which only writes files that have been changed to the backup but the free version allows you to backup on a schedule (such as nightly) or whenever you tell it to. It can take awhile, so you might consider a USB 3.0 SSD instead of a hard drive if your laptop has USB 3.0. You could also get an SSD as an internal drive. Simple truth is that hard drives are not good to have in laptops, due to their lack of shock tolerance although today's are much better than previous generations. Also, if you properly shut down your laptop it parks your hard drive and limits damage more - but if it's running and you give it a good jar it could cause damage to the drive. Just some tips, not sure if you knew all this but it's good for any new or casual readers.

glaxo151

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015
No need for the rambling. Am looking to do raid 0 not back up anything, have NAS. If anyone has a w530 with raid enabled motherboard, or laptop for sale am buying. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.